Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Snot nosed kid

Dear baby,

I love it when you nurse yourself to sleep and then reach your little hand up, up, up to touch my bare skin. You settle into my warmth, finding comfort in human contact, and start snoring. Even when you sound like your Great Grandpa, or a lawn mower on the loose, and your face is covered in snot, you are so beautiful. Watching you sleep can wash clean the hardest moments with you. You know the ones, where you want to crawl into my lap and don't understand why I push you away. Those moments are generally when I'm yelling "hot! Hot, oven! No!" or "Mommy needs to wipe!", and it's ok I think we both know that you've forgiven me for my cruelty by nap time.

You are beautiful and a true vessel for all the hope and love I have to give to this world. Be safe, wear clean underwear and always know someone loves you. Also, keep in mind that I have photographic evidence of some embarrassing moments and I'm really not afraid to use them.

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite posts. like, ever. you are so funny girl!

    ReplyDelete