Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sneaky sneaky

In an attempt to battle the inevitable newlywed 15 pounds, and to finally get healthy, I joined a free diet website. Quick side note here: I hate using the term diet, it has so many negative connotations especially as I'm not obese and could probably get away with what I eat if I exercised more. Partially my issues with using the word diet are ones that I've created on my own and directly a result of my own judgemental inner dialogue. Anyway, I joined the website yesterday and it's been nice to get an idea of how many calories I can pack away. I went over the top end of what I can eat by 166 calories.

Apparently though my effort to curtail my caloric intake was so hard for the one full day I did it that I caved... and ate a cupcake. I'm wishing I took a picture but I devoured it too fast. It was lemon upon lemon with lemon curd filling for good measure. My taste buds did a happy dance, and then a jig. I have no will power, and I have the dirty remnants of lemon buttercream sin on my lips to prove it. Yum.

Good thing there is still tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment