Monday, May 11, 2009

And then we shall blabber

When diarrhea of the mouth strikes: In a comment to a photo of my husband’s grandparents cruise along the Panama Canal six years ago, they stopped in Belize where we had our honeymoon and wanted to share, I uttered the words “Wow (insert grandmother’s name) that’s a Bow-chicka-wow-wow look your husbands giving you in that photo!” Apparently my husband did not find it as funny as I did and was morally offended on the behalf of his “old-fashioned” grandmother. In my defense, her husband was laying down on the bed in their room aboard the cruise ship, in a semi curled position. It’s actually a joke I would have said to either of my grandmother’s and still fail to see the big deal about it. But out of respect for my husband’s family… I’m going to try and keep a better watch on my mouth.

My true verbal diarrheal issue came when I almost blurted out “gang-bang” in a joke to my new mother-inlaw, her sister and my husband’s sister. That would have been an epic fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment