Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A voice to the song

Super long time no post. Here’s the deal, I’m trying to find my voice for this blog. I’ve sporadically blogged on livejournal since roughly 2003, with posts ranging from silly commentary, stories and poems to the angst of the day. There was randomly any consistency, or follow-through, as they were little shout-outs from my day. I treated it much like a twitter account, pre-twitter. Of course, there is really nothing wrong with that especially since I was only writing for myself.

For this blog, I am still writing for me. But not the me of today, or really tomorrow, more like the me of five or more years from now. In five years I want to look back and remember who I am today and all the things that got me to the destination of five years in the future. So there will still be a little bit of randomness, cause life is chock full of it, and a little bit of silliness. I might also share a recipe or two, keep in mind that I’m no Pioneer Woman (no matter how much I wish otherwise) and can’t seem to take pictures while trying to prevent dinner from erupting into flames. It’s that hand-eye-coordination thing I lack. I’ll be feeling my way around here for a bit, if you join along for the ride I hope you enjoy it and find something to relate to.

While you’re here share a story. Tell me, how did you find your writing voice?

No comments:

Post a Comment